Rusty got home from work around 2:30 and said he'd pack really quick and be back downstairs. Well, 30 minutes later, he wasn't back downstairs, so I went upstairs looking for him. I could hear a ball game on the TV and wondered, "what the heck?" As I walk into the bedroom, Rusty was standing by the bed where his bag was packed, but he was glued to the TV. "What? There's only 31 seconds left in the game!" He said with a high pitched voice showing he thought he was caught and had something to hide. I just rolled my eyes and walked away. "I didn't say anything, dear. I just wondered where you were. And why is your voice so high?" Lowering to a more manly sounding voice, "Uh-Hem, I don't know". I thought that was kind of funny he'd been "Jimmered", but at the same time, I was little miffed that the BYU game was taking precedence over our romantic getaway--Girls, you know where I'm coming from on this one.
After we dropped Zoey off at G & G's, we started heading south to Manti, UT. As we drove through the small towns of Fountain Green and Moroni, I realized how much I miss small town life. I grew up in a small town full of heritage--at least that's how I felt. I grew up on a ranch that had been in my family for six generations. As we drove through Fountain Green I felt like I was coming home. Of course I feel like that when I walk into Home Depot too, so I don't really know what to tell you about that. I guess anything that reminds me of family gives me a homey feeling. I really enjoyed seeing all the old houses and buildings.
We got to Manti, where we stayed at the Manti House Bed and Breakfast. Rusty really scored some huge points on this one. What a beautiful building! And it was right across the street from the Temple.


We stayed in the Brigham Young Room which gazes up at the Temple. I was loving it! It's the biggest suite in the Inn.
You walk in to a small drawing room that has a couch and little stove in it. I could totally picture it in the old days with a writing desk.
Off the drawing room was the bedroom...
After we looked over the suite, Rusty left to go get our bags...he left the door out to the hallway open. When he came back into the building, he went to the front desk and not realizing that I could hear everything, asked about the carriage ride he'd requested for us. OH WOW!! I was so excited! I didn't know whether to pretend like I hadn't heard anything or just hug him when he got up to our room. What a great husband I have! Well of course I couldn't help myself, I said, "You got us a carriage ride?" Oh, I was so excited! The carraige took us through the older parts of Manti and we saw a lot of old houses and I loved it! It took us up by the Temple last and then back to the Inn. What fun! I loved learning a little about the history of Manti and seeing the older buildings. And I really enjoyed going down the roads with no sidewalk--reminders of home once again.
After the ride, we went to Fred's Sports Grill for some ice cream and fries. Rusty got a grasshopper shake, but I think you can never go wrong with chocolate brownie--and I was right! Yummm...
The next morning, we went down for breakfast....
...cinnamon rolls for starters....
...and then bacon and eggs...
After checkout, we got donuts (yes, even after that huge cinnamon roll) and pulled out of town. I was sad to leave. I totally could have done another night or two there--it was beautiful.
Here's where I go into a little bit of a back story...
Back in my single days, there was a guy in my singles ward that told me about the "Taco Bell Challenge". What's that? you ask? Eating 40 regular Taco Bell taco's in 30 minutes or less. Well, when McDonalds came out with their 50 nuggets for 10 bucks, I knew there was a challenge in there. So, on our way home, we stopped at MceeD's. And no, I didn't do the challenge on my own--are you kidding me??? I knew it would take both of us if we had a chance at completing the challenge.
I ate 19 and he ate 21 and we were so stuffed we decided we would save the last ten for the boys. So, I guess, as a family, we could complete the challenge...
All in all, it was a wonderful getaway! It was great to just be "Shellie" for a while--even though I am still just a dork.

And it was great to remember how funny my sweetheart is. I even got in a couple of belly laughs! (don't know why this is underlined and don't know how to change it)

We should do this more often!
No comments:
Post a Comment