Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Do I really need a title each time I post something? I don't know...

So, at the end of last year, Rusty took two business trips and some camping/jamboree outings with the scouts. One business trip was two weeks long. I was a very tired mommy. I told Rusty that after all that, I should at least get a little get away myself. Well, January came and nothing. February was almost over and I asked Rusty about it and he tried to pawn it off on our anniversary--saying that we would get away for our anniversary in April. Yah, I didn't buy that. So, here we are in March and tomorrow is the day! Woo-hoo! A little romantic getaway so I can just be "Shellie" instead of "Mom...will you..." for a minute. Rusty won't tell me much about it. He's said that I will definitely like where we are going--which made me think that it's somewhere we've gone before like the Anniversary Inn or Johnson's Mill. But then he mentioned a Bed and Breakfast in Manti. And now, he says that I need to pack clothing that I would wear ice skating. Whoa!!! Back up the truck! Ice Skating??? Really? I lose my enthusiasm with that. So, I figure, whatever it is, I'm going to regret asking him to take me away. That's the way Rusty works--whether he knows it or not. If I ask him to do something for me or help me and it's something he doesn't want to do, I usually regret asking when he finally gets around to doing it--no matter what it is. Wish I could think of some examples right now--but they're there! Trust me...

So, I guess I just need to adjust my attitude and go with it and have fun. I'll just pump in the Coke/Pepsi and live life a little. I'm just not so good at living life without a script or a plan.

But WOW! What a beautiful day today! I have the windows open--and the most exciting part is, no one is outside smoking and stinkin' up my house with cigarettes. That's right, our smoking neighbors who would smoke literally right next to our window have moved. It's been nice. I love fresh air--especially after a long winter (all winters are long). Take a deep breath---AAAHHHHH! I LOVE FRESH AIR!!!

Bring on Spring, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment