I got this from my sister's blog. I have no idea where she got it, but I love it!
I am the flag of the United States of America...
My name is Old Glory!
I fly atop the world's tallest buildings, I stand watch in America's halls of justice. I fly majestically over great institutes of learning. I stand guard with the greatest military power in the world.
Look up! And see me!
I stand for Peace, Honor, Truth, and Justice...
I stand for Freedom...
I am Confident
I am Arrogant
I am Proud
When I am flown with my fellow banners...
My head is a little higher
My colors a little Truer...
I bow to no one.
I am recognized all over the world. I am saluted, respected, revered, loved, and feared. I have fought every battle for every war for more than 200 years...
Gettysburg-Shilo-Appomatox-San Juan Hill-The Trenches of France-The Argonne Forest-Rome-The South Pacific-The beaches of Normandy-the rice paddies and jungles of Guam-Okinawa-Japan-Korea-Vietnam and many more. A score of places long forgotten by all but who were with me.
I was there.
I led my soldiers
I followed them
I watched over them
They loved me
I was on a small hill in Iwo Jima. I was dirty, battle worn and tired, but my soldiers cheered me, and
I Was Proud
I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries I helped set free.
It does not hurt, For I am Invincible.
I have been soiled, burned, torn and trampled on the streets of my own country, and when it is by those with whom I have served in battle--it hurts. But I shall overcome.
For I Am Strong.
I have slipped the bonds of Earth and stand watch over the uncharted new frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon. I have been a silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used for bandages for my wounded comrades on the field of battle...
When I fly at half mast to honor my soldiers
And when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving mother at the graveside of her fallen son.
I Am Proud
My Name Is Old Glory
Dear God-Long May I Wave.


No comments:
Post a Comment