Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Disneyland!



Disneyland! What else needs to be said? Oh, alright, how 'bout a few pictures?


But, first, here's what I learned on our trip:

1- Big sisters think they know you the best, but they don't. And I quote, "Don't you have emotional scars from Mom and Dad always comparing you to ME while we were growing up?" UMM, no. First of all, I don't remember ever being compared to her and second, she was a little sassy bossy britches who always had to have the last word, so why would my parents want me to be like her? Enough said.

2-It IS a small world after all. I think the state of Utah keeps Disneyland in the black--seriously! I can't tell you how many BYU and UofU t-shirts and hats we saw. The Beehive State was well represented the whole week!

3-Girls, just because you can get the bikini on doesn't mean you should wear it--just saying...I'm gonna have to watch a pig get slaughtered just get some of these images out of my head. And, actually, now that I've seen the pictures of me on the beach, the same thing can be said for one piece swimsuits too.

4-Just because you are in the "happiest place on earth" doesn't mean everyone there is happy. I know, it's hard to believe that ANYONE could be "grumpy" there except for Grumpy, but I seriously thought about buying a "Grumpy by choice" T-shirt for my husband.

5-There are good people everywhere. I've got to tell you, those shuttle bus drivers are amazing. On Tuesday, we stayed for the "World of Color" show. Afterward, we found our #3 bus and got on. Then the bus driver saw that there were a number of people waiting for the #4 and #5 bus, which had already departed for the last time that evening. So, she stopped and got them too. I saw one bus driver let an elderly couple ride for free because they hadn't purchased their bus passes yet, but needed a ride to their hotel.

6-And last, Donnie makes a new friend wherever he goes. That kid was making friends on the bus, in line for rides and the best was at the beach when he found a BYU buddy. His favorite is impressing the "little ladies" with his "Burp/Laugh" game. He burps--they laugh.

7-OKAY, this is last--Bacon really does make everything taste better! Rusty took me to this little diner in downtown LA where they make maple bacon doughnuts. I know what you're thinking, but it was delicious! I ate it before we could get a picture of it, but here is someone else's picture.

Okay, enough of the "Life Lessons with Shellie", here are the pictures...

We walked into the park on the first day and who do you think we ran into right away? THE Buzz Lightyear! What a way to start it all out!
Donnie's #1 hero!

This is Rustin at the Tower of Terror. He did not like it...
I know it doesn't look like it here, but that Donnie was having a blast in the water. It was fun to watch because he all of a sudden turned into none other than Buzz Lightyear! Oh, I love kids' imaginations!

Grandma Smith with the kids

Sorry, this is a picture of a picture of the Tower of Terror. That's Laree and me on the second row on the far left. We are smiling...I'm not sure why...it must have been taken right before we fell.

Zoey had fun playing at Minnie's vanity. She is always cute, I really like how that mirror makes me look skinny--just look at that!

And we met the "Big Cheese"!
We aged Rustin. He looks like someone I know, but I can't quite put my finger on it...


And then we spend sometime at Huntington Beach...


The following video of Rustin fighting Darth Vader. He was chosen as one of the padawan's at the Jedi Training School at Disneyland. Can I say, I was so jealous? I would make such a great Jedi! They should allow grown ups in that school...

If you can, watch it in HD at 720p. He's the one up on the platform...

No comments:

Post a Comment