Wednesday, February 16, 2011
I love singing!!
Last Saturday, I went to a Leadership Meeting at 9 in the a.m. What a great meeting! But, I have to admit, my favorite part was the opening hymn. I was sitting next to Marilyn, who was singing alto--I was singing soprano. Behind us were two brethren who were singing the base and tenor parts. Man! I miss singing in parts! There is just so much joy in my heart when I hear the blending of voiced. I used to sing all the time--in the car--in the ward choir--to my sweetheart--while I'm cleaning. But since I got married and specifically since having kids, I don't get to do that anymore. When I got pregnant with Rustin, singing was very emotional for me--any song I'd sing would make me cry. So I stopped. Now, in the car, I have two little jabberwaks in the back seat that are constantly asking me questions, so it's easier to just leave the radio off. In the house, when I'm cleaning, I have Donnie telling me to turn my music off--or he just turns it off himself. I just really miss music and singing in my life. And I've noticed that my singing voice has suffered since I went practically cold turkey. However, I've decided I'm going to start getting my voice back into condition--I will sing more often and also practice with the piano!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment